Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Be Good to Yourself

Are you feeling run down? Tired before when you wake up? Cranky?

Chances are you are not practicing in some regular self love! For whatever reason… We all have excuses! I am here to urge you to drop those excuses and commit to doing something lovely for yourself, today/this week.

If you don't take care of you, who will??



I have what many claim an INSANE schedule of therapy for my son, on top of the usual activities and demands of being a mom... Of all the times to decide to carve out time for myself I did it while my husband was deployed! Ironic no?! This single mom of 3 with a kiddo with significant special needs found made time.. You can too! I knew that if I didn’t make room in my schedule to do some things I enjoy I would be a miserable person to be around. It helps that I have some pretty awesome people in my life singing about the benefits of self love… It only took a year to implement it. I was chauffeuring kids somewhere and thinking about life, (I find driving to be a great time for reflection) and how often I spend my time fretting over  the “have to do” list leaving little time for things I love to do.

 I thought about the life I wanted to create... What makes my heart sing? What do I love to do that I am not doing now?  

One of those things was playing softball. I put it out there that I’d like to play again and subbed on a few teams during the spring. I even brought my kids to a double header that didn’t end until 10pm, which I would normally decline because they had to be in bed and I didn’t have anyone to watch them; instead, I said YES and the kids had a great time playing and I was so much happier because I got to play too. I joined a team for summer league and signed up for a breast cancer tournament in a couple weeks.

How much time do you spend playing? I realized I was taking life far too seriously. My goal: play more!

Some other self love ideas that I’ve enjoyed:
getting a manicure/pedicure
getting a massage
scheduling dates with friends
getting my kids to bed earlier so I have an hour to myself
taking a detox bath
writing in a gratitude journal
silencing that inner critic and giving myself some slack
working out regularly
eating healthy… and eating regularly
taking my vitamins
traveling

Everyone is different, so I can’t tell you what to do… I hope something sparked ideas for you!!

I encourage you to share what you do for self love…


No comments:

Post a Comment